One of the favorite endeavors the San Diego Association of Black Journalists offers is a boot-camp for college students. It is an full day of real word experience with some of the best journalists in San Diego. The day begins with a panel discussion where student hear from professionals in every aspect of the media. Sales people, hiring managers, public relations experts give up precious sleep on a Saturday morning to field questions and give the students a glimpse into what working in the field is really like. The day includes a mock press conference, usually based on a “ripped from the headlines” current event. They then produce their own story for print/online and broadcast. Our photography students document the Pro For a Day event as well as the mock news story. As we try to stay relevant, 2016 included a social media component. It is fun, rewarding day for everyone involved.
Follow #pro4aday16 on TwitterMy Tweets
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
What this is
Pro For a Day is the annual student journalism workshop put on by the San Diego Association of Black Journalists.
Participants report and document a mock news event in stories, photos and video, which are then posted here.
It is held on the campus of Southwestern College in Chula Vista, California.
- Pro For a Day Workshop
- Pro For a Day 2016 Video-Domonique Scott
- Pro For a Day Video 2016-Claudia Robles
- Pro For a Day 2016 Video-Sandro Juarez
- Pro For a Day 2016 Video-Maryana Meza
- Pro For a Day Video 2016- Maya May
- Pro For a Day 2016 Maribel Salcido
- Pro For a Day 2016 Maria Joaquin
- Pro For a Day Celia Jimenez
- Pro For a Day 2016 Monik Gutierrez
- Pro For a Day 2016 Eric Gonzalez
- Pro For a Day 2016 Thomas Contant
- Family Claims Injustice at Rudlin State
- Family of Black student plans to sue school
- Donnelson news conference (Garcia)
- Black Rudlin Student Seeks Damages Following Police Incident
- Protests Imminent at RSU
- Racial Uneasiness Reaches Breaking Point at Rudlin State University
- #Pro4aDay Social Media Armando Sanchez
- RSU lawsuit filed for discrimination